Sunday, October 2, 2011

The most beautiful gas station washroom in the world

We have arrived in Nelspruit. We have a simple comfy room at Betor House. We have had a lovely day of hanging out with our team. And some great reunions including dinner with everyone at our friend Heather Stephens' home.

And wifi internet here at Betor!

On the way here we stopped at a large petrol station restaurant. We were warned by our Afrikaan copassenger to bring our cameras.

So there we are standing at the urinals. (I know TMI!) in front us is this glass wall looking out on this scene. Hope this photo shows up. Cape buffalo and rhinos grazing in the lowveld.

Now, you may be wondering (especially you Joanne Hatherly intrepid investigative reporter)- did I actually take the picture while peeing? Well no, that would be um... Indiscreet. I'm also not that coordinated. It was taken from the restaurant patio. I did however comment while relieving myself that I have never seen such beauty while peeing in my life. There was an awkward Afikaans chortle from the man at the next trough. I think he was Afrikaaner because I of course did not look.

Prayer please. This is 0430 and I have been awake since 0100. (can you tell?) it is a rather peaceful insomnia but there is a long day ahead. I also have a cut on my left thumb that has become infected and sore. Thanks.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on the MTS High Speed Mobility Network

No comments:

Post a Comment